Sunday 24 November 2013

Defining some constants...

OK so, this project could get complicated very quickly if I try to handle every eventuality, e.g., bricks in different places, unlimited colours, different shapes etc.

So the golden rule of this story is KEEP IT SIMPLE

Fixed points of reference.....

This feels like the best place to start- on the top left of the picture are the 'slots' where the Lego bricks will be placed.  To the right are the locations where the sorted bricks will be placed.  I think I'll go with a maximum of three colour piles as I don't want to break my new golden rule only 30 seconds after I created it!

The ARM position is where the robot will sit.

Creating some fixed points of reference - to help me and my robot out


The start state with the Lego bricks in their positions ready to be sorted


And now the sorted bricks - just the middle step to go then!

No comments:

Post a Comment